Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Don't Mean to Critique On Your Seduction Technique...

Lately I know I've been especially wompy (even more so than normal)! But I was thinking about it while I bobbed in the pool this afternoon and I feel like I've come a long way as a person over the past few years... even if it has been just involving small things about myself.
Obviously, coming out was a big one and not generally of much concern anymore. Another is how much more outgoing I've become. I still wouldn't consider myself an extrovert by any mean, but I am much less socially awkward than I used to be. The idea of meeting someone new, a party or even speaking in a class terrified me. These things come much easier to me now. Even making a phone call was a petrifying experience and while I still struggle with that, I can do what has to be done.
On thing in particular, though, that has really made me come to the conclusion that I am growing and becoming more comfortable with who I am is the fact that I really admit to how crazy my mind is sometimes. I used to bottle up all the crazy that I thought and felt in my head and my heart and would barely be able to keep it together. Now I let it all hang out, if you will - although... I still don't let all of the crazy out. Just a few thoughts for today, and trying to stay somewhat positive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment